My name is Eddie Galdamez, I am a Salvadoran who likes writing about everything that has to do with El Salvador, tourism, politics, life in El Salvador, and everything else.
I am not a professional writer and English is my second language; so, keep that in mind when reading my articles.
Social media for Eddie Galdamez
Why write about El Salvador
My goal in writing about El Salvador is for the world to see a different side of the country, the part that not too many people see on the news.
Because of the reputation the country has around the world, many people think that El Salvador is a lawless land and that you will see crime all over, that is not the case.
Yes, El Salvador has violence and crime, but this crime and violence are secluded to specific areas of the country. El Salvador is by no means safe as Japan or Switzerland; but, I hope that one day we get to that level of safety.
About Eddie Galdamez
Childhood in El Salvador
I am Salvadoran by birth, I spent most of my childhood in this astonishing country. I was born in a rural area of the department of San Miguel, and to this day, I still have incredible memories of life in the countryside, the good and the bad.
And just like so many other Salvadorans, I lived in the country during the armed conflict of the 1980s. Because of the conflict and to avoid conflicted areas, I moved a lot. I consider myself lucky that the areas in which I resided during this time were peaceful.
My life in US
Just as many other Salvadorans have done, I moved to the US in the early 1990s. I spent about 25 years living in the US, and it was a fantastic time.
During my time in the US, I was able to learn English, make long-lasting friendships, and create fantastic memories.
Additionally, living in the US gave me a chance to meet people from other cultures and religions, it allowed me to learn and grow.
Life in El Salvador
I moved back to El Salvador in 2015, since then, I have been living and traveling, and working in this fascinating country.
During my time back in the country, and during my travels, I have seen in person that the country has problems with poverty, crime, and violence.
These issues are related because if you live in an impoverished area, you are more likely to encounter crime and violence. I hope that over time and with the new government, things change.
My life in El Salvador is not perfect by any means; but, I am lucky that I can travel and see what the country has to offer.
Eddie Galdamez Posts
- Water pollution in El Salvador. Getting worse every year.
- 100 days with coronavirus in El Salvador. How is the country doing?
- Visit Ilamatepec Volcano, the tallest volcano in El Salvador.
- The new El Salvador Hospital. Ready for coronavirus patients.
- San Andres El Salvador. Excellent Pre-Columbian Mayan Ruins.
- Iris Violeta Foundation. Giving a hand to many who need it.
- Coronavirus El Salvador. Latest info.
- El Zonte Beach. One of the best surf spots in El Salvador.
- Sensuntepeque El Salvador. The municipality of 400 hills.
- El Salvador Travel Guide. Visit this beautiful country.
- President Nayib Bukele security plan.
- Best surf spots in El Salvador.
- Marijuana in El Salvador. Should it be made legal or not?
- San Salvador is no longer one of the most dangerous cities in the world.
- Nayib Bukele, President of El Salvador from 2019 to 2024.
- The best time to travel to El Salvador. Wet or dry season?
- 12 Places to visit in El Salvador. Get to know them today.
- Air quality in El Salvador. How bad is it? What can we do?
- Nayib Bukele approval rate. See the latest poll results.
- El Majahual El Salvador. Fantastic tropical beach.
- Best places to live in El Salvador. Here are a few of them!
- Move to El Salvador. Why some people choose to do it.
- Las Flores Beach in El Salvador.
- Why visit El Salvador? Top reasons why you should visit.
- Volcanoes in El Salvador. Explore these iconic beauties.
- Christmas in El Salvador. Everything you need to know.
- Santa Ana El Salvador. City with excellent history.
- Is El Salvador safe to visit in 2020? Safety in El Salvador.
- The minimum wage in El Salvador in 2020. How does it compare?
- Cost of living in El Salvador 2020. How high or low is it?
- Travel to El Salvador on a budget. Tips on how to do it.
- San Salvador El Salvador, the Nation’s Capital.
- Famous landmarks in El Salvador.
- How to make money in El Salvador? Three options to consider.
- El Salvador Legislative Assembly.
- El Salvador Departments and Municipalities. Get to know them.
- Best beaches in El Salvador. Get to know them today.
- Lake Ilopango, volcanic caldera in El Salvador.
- Izalco Volcano El Salvador. The Lighthouse of the Pacific.
- Juayua El Salvador. Great colonial town in Sonsonate.
- Planes de Renderos El Salvador, fantastic natural location.
- Gulf of Fonseca El Salvador, an astonishing body of water.